Sweet 16 Gassers

KGardiner

Sweet 16 Gassers

Post by KGardiner »

Dan,
Thanks for the weekly update!

Back at the start of February there was a lot of negativity around AR and CRK due to weather and Freeport. At the time I mentioned this was a good entry point. It turned out to be the bottom. Given the likely upside once the new LNG capacity starts coming online, when to you expect to add these two back into the Sweet 16? Even if you don't add them, will you be updating their forecast models?

Happy Easter!
Kevin
dan_s

Re: Sweet 16 Gassers

Post by dan_s »

We will be publishing updated forecasts and profiles on AR and CRK this month. I still have several of our Small-Cap and High Yield portfolio companies that need to be updated.

Profiles updated and waiting for my final review: SOI, BSM, STR, IPOOF < These will all be published this week.

Profiles waiting on audited Q4 financials: KGEI, ROKRF, HMENF

Profiles assigned but uncompleted: AR, AM, CRK

AR and CRK are candidates for the Sweet 16 when U.S natural gas moves firmly over $2.00, which I do expect will happen this summer.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
Fraser921

Post by Fraser921 »

Gassers have recovered which means to me people are getting more comfortable throwing money at the Energy sector.
Everything is up, good , bad and in between (except the canadian names)

Before you declare victory, you should wait to see how the names react to q1 earnings news which will be ugly.

If you are right, what was the wisdom of CRK not hedging when prices were high only to sell stock to insider JJ at the lows?
Total nincompoops, imho!
KGardiner

Post by KGardiner »

I agree their hedging stinks.
On the plus side, I see more upside as a result from the market low, be it the early February or a late April 12 month low.
dan_s

Post by dan_s »

Range Resources (RRC) is a large-cap gasser that did a good job of hedging, which is why RRC is now up 14% YTD.

Most of RRC's Tier One leasehold in Appalachia is now held-by-production.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group