KOG

dan_s

KOG

Post by dan_s »

Kodiak Oil & Gas (KOG): An updated company profile and our Net Income and Cash Flow Forecast Model for KOG has been posted under the Watch List Tab.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
dan_s

Re: KOG

Post by dan_s »

Please look over the company profiles we sent out with the June 12th "EPG Flash Alert". Let me know what you think.

I am breaking in two new MBA Student Interns this summer. Pray for me!
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
prince_jake_33

Post by prince_jake_33 »

:P Some people agree with your rapid growth rate.
Your conclusions look very compelling. I want to add more of KOG with proceeds from OAS
I was thinking of selling long term put options
Is anyone using put options to accumulate KOG?.

Kodiak Oil & Gas Corp. (KOG)
Sector: Basic Materials
Industry: Oil & Gas Drilling & Exploration
Market Cap: $2.02B
Beta: 3.33

Kodiak Oil & Gas Corp. has a Earnings Per Share Growth Rate of 205.75%, a Operating Profit Margin of 36.26%, and a 1-Year Projected Earnings Per Share Growth Rate of 73.77%. The short interest was 11.56% as of 06/14/2012. Kodiak Oil & Gas Corp. engages in the acquisition, exploration, exploitation, development, and production of crude oil and natural gas in the United States. The company's oil and natural gas reserves and operations are primarily concentrated in the Williston Basin of North Dakota and Montana, and the Green River Basin of Wyoming and Colorado. As of December 31, 2011, it had estimated proved reserves of 35.
dan_s

Post by dan_s »

KOG management has a history of over-promising and under-delivering but they have definitely grown the company. Even if they just make the low end of production guidance this year the stock looks very cheap.

I sold puts to buy stock for 5% to 10% cheaper. Selling Put Options should only be done if you really want to own the stock at the strike price less the cash you received for the options. It does work but you must maintain your discipline.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group