COP stock price went up and GTE went down.. :(

GTE gets larger %age of Peru blocks
UPDATE 1-ConocoPhillips opts out of exploration in two Peru blocks

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/10/ ... ews&rpc=43

Fri Oct 5, 2012 9:35am EDT

* Opts out of exploration in two Peru blocks
* Conoco's 45 pct stake to go to Gran Tierra Energy Peru SRL
* Decision part of strategic plan to optimize asset portfolio

Oct 5 (Reuters) - ConocoPhillips has decided not to further explore two blocks in Peru as part of the U.S. oil company's strategic plan to reduce non-core overseas assets. ConocoPhillips' 45 percent interest in Blocks 123 and 129, in the Maranon Basin, will be transferred to Gran Tierra Energy Peru SRL, along with the operation of the blocks subject to government approvals, the company said on Friday.

"After careful consideration, we reached this decision as part of the company's broader strategic effort to re-evaluate our investments and asset portfolio since becoming an independent E&P company," said Larry Archibald, senior vice president of exploration. "It was a difficult decision to leave these blocks where we have worked so closely with communities and demonstrated our ability to work responsibly in an environmentally sensitive area," he said.

Houston-based ConocoPhillips, which recently completed two rounds of seismic exploration activities in Blocks 123 and 129, is currently engaged in a program to reduce non-core overseas assets. It has already exceeded its target of asset sales worth $20 billion by the end of 2012. ConocoPhillips' stock rose 30 cents to $57.70 in Friday morning trading on the New York Stock Exchange.
dan_s

Re: So , did GTE get this for free?

Post by dan_s »

I'm not sure but it does appear that Conoco may transfer ownership to GTE for $0. Limited info, so don't hold me to this.

GTE is on our list for an updated profile after Q3 results come out.

I looked at Petrominerales (PMG) briefly this morning. It looks grossly oversold.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group