Watch Lists

dan_s

Watch Lists

Post by dan_s »

Check out our "Drillers Watch List". EPG Members can find it under the Watch List Tab. We are also tracking 29 small-cap E&P companies on our "E&P Watch List".

Keep in mind that if natural gas prices push up over $4/mcf it is going to be very bullish for the onshore drillers. I am now tracking 14 drilling companies on the Watch List. Except for HERO, they are all on track to report solid results this year. I like HP and UNT (both in the Sweet 16) and PDS is looking good. The large-cap offshore drillers on the Watch List look very strong to me.

I am expecting the active rig count to move up starting in mid-December, which should draw more attention to this group.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
dan_s

Re: Watch Lists

Post by dan_s »

The MLP Watch List has been updated. We are tracking 20 energy sector Master Limited Partnerships that, as of 11-19-2012 unit prices, have an average annual yield of 7.6%.
Click on the MLP Tab to check it out.

The Midstream MLPs doing business in the Eagle Ford look very attractive. I also like MWE, which has a lot of upside in the Utica Shale. They have a contract with GPOR which is looking very good for them.

One of our new interns has worked up a report on PAA (current yield is 9.3%) which is sitting here waiting for me to to review. I hope to publish it this weekend.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group