Catching up

dan_s

Catching up

Post by dan_s »

There is always a pile of work waiting for me when I get back from a few days vacation. I had a great time at InvestFest in Scottsdale and then Susan met me in Las Vegas for a few days. I was able to meet with several of our Founding members in Vegas.

The Sweet 16 is off to a good start for Q1 results. HP, RRC and WLL all reported rock solid results, slightly over my forecasts. I have updated the forecast models for HP and WLL. I will update RRC's model on Saturday.

The interns are hard at work on updating company profiles, so you can expect a lot of "Flash Alerts" in the days ahead. Profiles for SDRL, PAA, SYRG and ENRJ are waiting for my review. We will be adding SDRL to our High Yield Income Portfolio. EPM and MHR pfd are being dropped. I posted a note earlier about EPM-PA and MHR obviously has some issues. I still have not seen anything negative on the operations side for the company but it is better to be safe than sorry and wait until we can get a clear picture.

For those of you seeking high yield, GST-PA. PetroBakken (PBKEF), SDRL, and all of the MLP's in our High Yield Income Portfolio look very attractive to me. After I see Q1 results next week for Gastar (GST) the common stock may be added to our Small-Cap Growth Portfolio. Higher gas prices really improve the forecast model for GST.

As of today, we have picked up 28 new EPG members from Value Forum. They must have enjoyed my two presentations! I will post my slides on the website tomorrow.

Our next luncheon in Houston is now set for Monday, May 13 at The Hess Club. Please register early as I am expecting a large crowd for Sanchez Energy (SN), which recently acquired a large stake in the Eagle Ford Shale from my old employer, Hess Corp.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
grimaldi

Re: Catching up

Post by grimaldi »

I have held SDRL and PAA for years in my IRA, check out their charts.
--grimaldi
dan_s

Re: Catching up

Post by dan_s »

PAA is an incredible American growth story. I have a profile on this midstream MLP sitting here waiting on my review.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group