Gasland II

dan_s

Gasland II

Post by dan_s »

Gasland II is another left wing movie coming out soon that says it proves how terrible fracing is. I have not seen the movie but my bet is that it is filled with a lot of untrue conclusions. Regardless, we can not ban fracing anyway. A nationwide ban on fracing would drive the U.S. into a deep recession. The energy sector is the backbone of our comeback from the last recession. Our vast supply of natural gas is a "national treasure", giving U.S. manufacturing an edge on the rest of the world. Low cost Ngas power and low cost feed stock more than offsets low cost labor in Asia. - Dan

Before you see Gasland II remember:

The natural presence of stray gases in drinking-water wells and in rivers and streams in some areas of the US is not a recent phenomenon, as anecdotes from long-time residents have confirmed. In addition to such references, historical US Geological Survey studies documented the presence of methane in Pennsylvania aquifers before development of the Marcellus shale.

A study of 1,700 water wells in Susquehanna County found dissolved methane to be ubiquitous in lowland valley groundwater wells, with detectable methane concentrations in more than 78% of these wells.3 This finding underscores the importance of determining the presence of stray gases in the area of interest before drawing conclusions about the origin of gases in a drinking-water well.

In claims of water-well contamination, investigation of the environmental conditions in the area surrounding the well is important because it may provide information about potential sources of contamination. For example, many rural households burn trash in pits, create junk piles, have asphalted driveways, and have abandoned cars and septic tanks that may be leaking. Contaminants from these sources can leach out during rains and reach groundwater.

A graphic description of the ingredients used in a frack, in addition to the 99% water, can be found at: http://fracfocus.org/water-protection/drilling-usage.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
setliff

Re: Gasland II

Post by setliff »

hear! hear!

however i think it is a cable show and if so they have their money--boycott the cable channel is the thing to do.

jim