Great Lakes Ice

dan_s

Great Lakes Ice

Post by dan_s »

What did you guys think of that picture on the first page of the newsletter?

When I saw that last week, I remembered Obama saying the debate on climate change was over during his State of the Union address. If this is Global Warming I would hate to see Global Cooling!

I still cannot believe that anyone with a brain would say the scientific debate was over on any subject.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
bearcatbob

Re: Great Lakes Ice

Post by bearcatbob »

We live in NE Ohio and are experiencing this wave of Global Warming up close and personal. It is an ugly miserable winter. Cold and snow - day after day.

Bob
dan_s

Post by dan_s »

Bob;
Move to Texas! We have plenty of room for good people and the housing is still reasonable and we don't pay state income taxes.
I grew up in St. Louis and moved to Tulsa. In both places we had a few very cold winters with lots of ice and snow. My dad (87) lives in St. Louis at the bottom of hill and I don't think he has gotten out in weeks. He can't drive when the roads are dry!

It does look like you may get a bit of relief the 2nd half of February (highs over freezing), but Joe Bastardi now is forecast another major winter storm the first week of March.

Hang tough.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
bearcatbob

Post by bearcatbob »

dan_s wrote:Bob;
Move to Texas! We have plenty of room for good people and the housing is still reasonable and we don't pay state income taxes.
I grew up in St. Louis and moved to Tulsa. In both places we had a few very cold winters with lots of ice and snow. My dad (87) lives in St. Louis at the bottom of hill and I don't think he has gotten out in weeks. He can't drive when the roads are dry!

It does look like you may get a bit of relief the 2nd half of February (highs over freezing), but Joe Bastardi now is forecast another major winter storm the first week of March.

Hang tough.
Dan, It is home - and the grand babies live here. If I moved I would be leaving alone. Granny would NEVER NEVER NEVER leave the babies.
dan_s

Post by dan_s »

My only granddaughter lives in Iceland and it is killing my wife, so I totally understand.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group