TPLM

dan_s

Re: TPLM

Post by dan_s »

TPLM's Q2 results look good to me. Dip is probably due to overall market weakness, a lot more sellers these days than buyers. Their RockPile business should get strong profit margins going forward. We will publish an updated profile on TPLM next week.

The fundamentals remain strong for our portfolio companies. Share price weakness is coming from lack of confidence in the oil price.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
setliff

Post by setliff »

what did I miss??? from SA---

Traingle Petroleum bounces back from earnings-induced loss • 12:46 PM

Carl Surran, SA News Editor
•Triangle Petroleum (TPLM +4.4%) recovers part of yesterday's 6.7% loss that followed its Q2 earnings report, which actually showed revenue jumping 182% Y/Y to $142M and beating Wall Street consensus call by ~$20M.
•Q2 production volume rose 146% to 971M boe, averaging ~10.5K bbl/day, and higher than expected revenues from Rock Pile.
•A few analysts are coming to TPLM's defense; Wunderlich reiterates its Buy rating and thinks the market move was short-sighted, providing an investment opportunity given the long-term value creation at TPLM.
setliff

Post by setliff »

I've re-looked at the financial details and I still have no idea as to what "earnings-induced loss" is all about.

anybody else?
lumpygravy

Post by lumpygravy »

Canaccord Genuity raised their target price on TPLM to $14.00 (previously $13.00).

Here's a link to their PDF.

https://research.canaccordgenuity.com/_ ... bid=110626
setliff

Post by setliff »

Triangle Petroleum's Presentation, Not Performance, Seems To Be The Issue

Summary
•Triangle Petroleum generated better revenue and profits in the quarter, as better completions boosted production, good service demand fueled RockPile, and operating costs remain under control.
•The Street seems to taken exception to management not boosting production guidance, not offering up well IP rates, and not accelerating the timeline for a possible separation of RockPile.
•The sell-off after the call created a small window of opportunity, but with my fair value estimates in the range of $12-$13/share, Triangle isn't among the cheapest E&P stocks.

complete article here-----

http://seekingalpha.com/article/2485285 ... e?uprof=46