Watch List Update: TransGlobe Energy (TGA) - Aug 10

dan_s

Watch List Update: TransGlobe Energy (TGA) - Aug 10

Post by dan_s »

This caught my eye this morning:
"On July 14, 2022, TransGlobe and VAALCO Energy, Inc. announced that they have entered into a definitive arrangement agreement pursuant to which VAALCO will acquire all of the outstanding common shares of TransGlobe in a stock-for-stock strategic business combination transaction."

TGA was an original Sweet 16 company back in 2001. Some of us harvested gains of more than 2,000% on the stock.

They reported solid Q2 results:
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/transglo ... 00406.html

TransGlobe Energy Corporation (TGA), together with its subsidiaries, engages in the acquisition, exploration, development, and production of crude oil and natural gas in Egypt and Canada. The company holds interests in four production sharing concessions, which include West Gharib, West Bakr, NW Gharib, and South Ghazalat, Egypt; and owns production and working interests in facilities in the Cardium light oil and Mannville liquid-rich gas assets in the Harmattan area of west central Alberta, Canada. TransGlobe Energy Corporation was incorporated in 1968 and is headquartered in Calgary, Canada.

VAALCO Energy, Inc. (EGY), an independent energy company, acquires, explores for, develops, and produces crude oil and natural gas. The company holds Etame production sharing contract related to the Etame Marin block located offshore in the Republic of Gabon in West Africa. It also owns interests in an undeveloped block offshore Equatorial Guinea, West Africa. VAALCO Energy, Inc. was incorporated in 1985 and is headquartered in Houston, Texas.
------------------------
My "To Do List" is very long these days, but I will try to look at EGY+TGA in a couple of weeks.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group