KOG short positions

prince_jake_33

KOG short positions

Post by prince_jake_33 »

Independent energy player Kodiak Oil & Gas (KOG) is set to report results on Tuesday after the market close. The current short interest as a percentage of the float for Kodiak Oil & Gas is pretty high at 11.4%.
danross70

Re: KOG short positions

Post by danross70 »

Well, the shorts will likely look good, as the price of KOG will fall on the much lower than expected earnings. Actually, ADJ EBITDA slightly beat Dan's cash flow estimates for Q4 and the year. It will likely take Mr. Market a while to pick up on the CF. Meanwhile, a buying opportunity. I have a 150% size position in KOG, that has served me very well. I'll probably move some of that to OAS or Continental Resources. Too many of my stocks are having "buying opportunities" lately.
setliff

Re: KOG short positions

Post by setliff »

Kodiak posts surprise loss on higher costs 02/28 03:51 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Q4 loss $0.15/shr vs est profit $0.09/shr

* Q4 rev up 399 pct to $55 million

* Shares down 5 pct post-mkt

Feb 28 (Reuters) - Kodiak Oil & Gas Corp (KOG:$9.6302,$-0.6898,-6.68%) posted a surprise quarterly loss on higher costs as it expanded oil and gas operations and operated rig count .

The oil and gas company's net loss widened to $33.8 million, or 15 cents per share, from $4.4 million, or 3 cents per share, a year ago.

Revenue rose five-fold to $55 million.

Analysts on average had expected the company to earn 9 cents per share, on revenue of $59.9 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.

Total operating expenses rose over three-fold to $36.8 million.

Shares of the company, which have gained about 46 percent of its value in last one year, were trading down 5 percent in post-market trade. They closed at $10.32 on Tuesday on the New York Stock Exchange. (Reporting by Durba Ghosh in Bangalore; Editing by Don Sebastian)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------