December Newsletter

dirtdauber

December Newsletter

Post by dirtdauber »

Dan, I just finished reading the December newsletter (edition No. 200 - - - - Wow!). It is excellent, as usual. I did note one oversight, though. In your writeup on Hemisphere in the Small Cap Portfolio, you did not mention that it pays a dividend of $0.10 CAD. That is 7.6 % of the $1.31 CAD closing price yesterday, a number that is in line with the low side of the High Cap Portfolio. To me, that is a big deal for a stock that has a potential to triple! I continue to be thrilled that you brought my attention to this company. :D
Thanks for your good work.
dan_s

Re: December Newsletter

Post by dan_s »

Yes, Hemisphere was a very nice addition to our Small-Cap Growth Portfolio. Now that Hemisphere has paid off all of their interest-bearing debt, I expect them to pay more dividends and buyback a lot of stock. Both should increase the value of the stock.

Ring Energy (REI) and Talos Energy (TALO) are the only two stocks in the Small-Cap Growth Portfolio that don't pay dividends. They are both going to report big production increases this year.

I am working on two more small-cap Canadian companies, ROK and KEI that look like additions to the portfolio this year.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group