what do you do when you have an energy crisis?

Fraser921

what do you do when you have an energy crisis?

Post by Fraser921 »

Any guesses?

You turn off your nuclear plants

Germany shut down their last 3 plants today :roll:
tlengoc

Re: what do you do when you have an energy crisis?

Post by tlengoc »

How stupid can they be? The grand solar minimum is already underway. It's just going to show how much of a farce Green Energy really is. There was a quote from Rick Rule on twitter today: "As a citizen, Mr. Trudeau and Mr. Biden are my worst enemies; as an investor, they're my best friends. They caused a group of investors, richer and smarter than me, to get out of my way and not compete with me in hydrocarbons."
dan_s

Post by dan_s »

MY OPINION has been for years that Global Warming, Climate Change, the Green New Deal, etc. is all about the money. They have been able to create a FEAR out of a made up "crisis", so they can justify higher taxes and more wild spending that will do nothing but line the pockets of their donors.

BTW the $Billions going to fund the war in Ukraine is also a big money laundering scam.

Shutting down nuclear power plants is the last thing that should be done if they really believe CO2 is causing the planet to warm.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
dan_s

Post by dan_s »

They will be burning up a lot of natural gas in Chicago and the other cities around the Great Lakes for a few day.
https://weather.com/news/weather/video/system-bringing-both-severe-and-snow?cm_ven=hp-slot-2

Some areas getting 8 to 10 inches of snow.

I grew up in St. Louis. Late season snow = flooding of the Mississippi. This is called "Climate the Same".
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
tlengoc

Post by tlengoc »

dan_s wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:19 pm MY OPINION has been for years that Global Warming, Climate Change, the Green New Deal, etc. is all about the money. They have been able to create a FEAR out of a made up "crisis", so they can justify higher taxes and more wild spending that will do nothing but line the pockets of their donors.

BTW the $Billions going to fund the war in Ukraine is also a big money laundering scam.

Shutting down nuclear power plants is the last thing that should be done if they really believe CO2 is causing the planet to warm.
Great videos debunking climate hoax:

https://youtu.be/RBwklAIMkSQ

https://youtu.be/L4MQBfDbJXI

A good article on Peak EV:

https://www.zerohedge.com/technology/peak-ev-electric-vehicles-will-fade-their-true-costs-become-clear

Climate is the result of Orbit Physics and total energy output from the Sun. CO2 is an Earth hugging heavy gas that provides life on this planet. Every living thing needs Sucrose to exist and CO2, water and Sunlight produces it in vegetation. 65 million years ago the CO2 in the atmosphere was 8,000 PPM and the entire Earth was covered in Vegetation. March 2023 CO2 in the atmosphere was 421 PPM. Earth completed a minor warming cycle from 12,000 years ago in 2009 and is now just starting at least a 300 year or so minor cooling cycle. gml.noaa.gov

h/t: Hawkman

Thomas
dan_s

Post by dan_s »

Best part is at the end of the article:

"Governments historically do really dumb things that make problems worse. That’s the history of governments. I assume they’ll try all sorts of things that’ll fail. And all that it will do will be to destroy the supply response because of the government’s interfering in your ability to do your business.

When Lake asked about potential government interference, Kupperman replied,

Yeah, they’re probably going to try excess profits taxes. They’re probably going to try export bans, and price caps, and all sorts of other things. And the net result is that guys will take their dividends and go to the beach. They’re not going to drill for oil. No, I think it’s almost inevitable that the government will take a problem and turn it into a crisis."

Yes, an energy crisis is on the way, courtesy of Uncle Sam. < MY TAKE: IEA's most recent Oil Market Report and all of the dozens of analysts' reports that I get point to an extremely tight oil market within six months. IEA says demand for oil-based products will be 104 million barrels per day in Q4 and I sure don't see where that additional oil supply will come from. OPEC+ really does not have an additional 3 million barrels per day behind pipe.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
Cliff_N

Post by Cliff_N »

H.L. Mencken lived from 1890-1956, he was a journalist and observed: "The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."

I think it is safe to say that the population was probably better educated during his lifetime. If you read a NY Times article on the Titanic sinking from 1912, I doubt the average High School graduate could make it through without a dictionary. Regardless, not much has changed except the media adding hysteria to the alarms. They have learned that bad news sells. For example, in 1966, over 50% of the world's population lived in extreme poverty. By 2017, this was reduced to 9%! Big cause for celebration, somehow I missed this great news.
aja57

Post by aja57 »

And more great Mencken quotes. All very timeless.

"Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods.
Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.
Democracy, too, is a religion. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses.
Democracy is the art and science of running the circus from the monkey cage.
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.
Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under.
If a politician found he had cannibals among his constituents, he would promise them missionaries for dinner.

As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
Fraser921

Post by Fraser921 »

lol, good ones

and comments by all
Fraser921

Post by Fraser921 »

https://twitter.com/zerohedge/status/1648578460380479488?s=46&t=pgzzFESpRCcPkSe1KLcphQ