Nouveau Monde Graphite (NMG) Update - May 10

dan_s

Nouveau Monde Graphite (NMG) Update - May 10

Post by dan_s »

Eric Desaulniers, NMG's CEO made a very good presentation at yesterday's EPG luncheon in Houston. NMG now has all the cash they need to move their graphite mine and processing facility into full production. They are expected to announce a significant offtake agreement with one or two of the world's rechargeable battery manufacturers in a few months. NMG's two graphite mines in Canada have the potential to increase global graphite supply by 10%.

From Zacks.com this morning:

While headlines blather on about lithium, another metal has been flying under the media radar...

Graphite.

It's expected to face the largest increase in demand of ALL battery metals over the next decade - more than lithium, copper, and aluminum.

And projections warn of an 8 million ton graphite shortfall by 2040.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news...

But this could hobble the $7 trillion electric vehicle market unless more sources of graphite are found.

Because each EV needs 146 pounds of graphite, on average.

China has long controlled our American graphite supply.

This is a continual worry for both EV makers and the White House.

There's good news, though...

The U.S. government is injecting billions of dollars in incentives to support increased domestic production of graphite.

This junior mining company is gearing up to provide a mine-to-market American graphite solution that could aid the booming EV market.
---------------------------
The slides that Eric spoke from yesterday will soon be on the EPG website.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group