Anyone know why RES is close to 52wk low?

mdwitte

Anyone know why RES is close to 52wk low?

Post by mdwitte »

low p/e, AWESOME roe number, decent debt, ok divvie...what am I missing?

http://www.rpc.net/

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ks?s=RES+Key+Statistics
dan_s

Re: Anyone know why RES is close to 52wk low?

Post by dan_s »

This one is not on my radar screen. I do see that EPG estimates provided to First Call have been on steady decline. - Dan

RPC, Inc. provides a range of oilfield services and equipment primarily to independent oil and gas companies engaged in the exploration, production, and development of oil and gas properties in the United States, Africa, Canada, China, eastern Europe, Latin America, the Middle East, and New Zealand. It operates in two segments, Technical Services and Support Services. The Technical Services segment offers pressure pumping, coiled tubing, snubbing, nitrogen pumping, well control consulting and firefighting, downhole tools, wireline, and fluid pumping services. The Support Services segment provides equipment and services, including drill pipe and related tools; pipe handling, inspection, and storage services; and oilfield training services. This segment also offers support services, such as the rental of blowout preventors, high pressure manifolds and valves, Hevi-wate drill pipe, tubing, production related rental tools, pumps, diverters, drill pipes, drill collars, handling tools, and hoses that are used for onshore and offshore oil and gas well drilling, completion, and workover activities. RPC, Inc. was founded in 1984 and is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
setliff

Re: Anyone know why RES is close to 52wk low?

Post by setliff »

imo, same reason most oil service companies have been suffering---nat gas and shoulder season. it's chart looks very similar to the drillers. also, it showed a temp bottom today like the rest.