US long bond rates

Fraser921

US long bond rates

Post by Fraser921 »

https://youtu.be/sSYfmLjS4zA

US long bond rates will go up, imho
How to profit? Puts on long term bonds or go long TTT etf

Foreign country's are dumping and we need to issue and or rollover more debt.
Demand is going down and supply is going up

People are losing confidence in US dollar.. See above video
TY Team Biden
aja57

Re: US long bond rates

Post by aja57 »

Be very careful, Fraser. Just because it makes total sense doesn't mean it will happen. I did this in 2007-2008 when similar events were occurring and I lost a bundle.
Fraser921

Post by Fraser921 »

No guarantee's of course, just the way I am playing it

Who thought NG would go from 10 to 2? or crude 120 to 60 in last year? and - negative crude prices
Fraser921

Post by Fraser921 »

Long rates are up again today 8 basis points to 4.46 %

TTT, an etf, that shorts long Treasury Bonds is up 3.69 today 4.3 %. Imagine that, in one day , you got the full year return of holding a treasury bill.

The government will just keep issuing debt, you know it, I know it.

And I just had another thought, the regional banks got whacked by owning too much long term bonds. the situation has gotten worse since then. I think its time to short regional banks.

How is another financial meltdown good for the markets, the economy, and the oil markets?

Just a question, I don't have the answers. But I'm hedging my energy exposure by shorting technology and a few specific shorts Tesla for one, QQQ another , SPY and thinking about NVDA
ChuckGeb

Post by ChuckGeb »

Risky business my friend. No question about the continued flow of Treasuries to fund the Ukraine killing fields and the Inflation Reduction Act (I mean climate control bill). The problem is foreign countries want to risk their reserves buying. Fed will likely pressure banks to buy (very bad for economy) and Fed to buy (printing money). Inflate our way out on the backs of working people. Also look for some brilliant government official to try to push for pensions to buy Treasuries. This can't end well, but when will it?
aja57

Post by aja57 »

If you want the full effect of shorting technology, Fraser especially NVDA and AI, look no further than FNGD which is a 3X inverse ETN on FAANG.
It will be like going to Las Vegas without the food and show girls...
Fraser921

Post by Fraser921 »

Nice tip, not to be confused with Diamonbank FANG

In finance, “FAANG” is an acronym that refers to the stocks of five prominent American technology companies: Meta (META) (formerly known as Facebook), Amazon (AMZN), Apple (AAPL), Netflix (NFLX); and Alphabet (GOOG) (formerly known as Google).
ChuckGeb

Post by ChuckGeb »

I like the long calls on BUD on Kid Rock being seen recently on camera drinking a Bud Lite at weekend concert.
Fraser921

Post by Fraser921 »

That's a stretch, it will take more than that, like me drinking Bud Lite. :lol:
sl6886

Post by sl6886 »

All

If you want a GREAT history lesson on Fed tightening and the corresponding fall-out, I'm providing a link here for a website that I ran across. The author is similar is depth to G&R, but hyper-focused on the role of money supply, interest rates, and credit. I know I just lost some of you with that last sentence but do yourself a favor and read it. It will give you a road map for what's coming, which is (Insert your favorite natural disaster synonym description here).

https://www.myrmikan.com/pub/Myrmikan_Research_2023_08_16.pdf