The big guy to the rescue. , sell every barrel

Fraser921

The big guy to the rescue. , sell every barrel

Post by Fraser921 »

Top Biden spokesman John Kirby says Biden is considering another drain from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve — which he already drained to a 40-year low.

Gas prices remain higher than this time last year and much higher than when Biden took office.
mitchl

Re: The big guy to the rescue. , sell every barrel

Post by mitchl »

“Biden is considering” is he really the one considering? :roll:

Between more SPR drains (or mere threat of), fear of covid, and war the white house is sure holding onto quite the hand going into the election…
sl6886

Post by sl6886 »

The Saudi Prince should announce that he's considering another cut in production in response to "market manipulation" detrimental to the balance of supply/demand. This amount should be equal to the proposed amount from the SPR.

Also, I thought there was some type of law that negated all sales below 350mm barrels from the SPR?

Finally, no one responded to my last posting regarding the SPR capabilities so I guess no one on here knows much about the physical structures of the caverns. I read somewhere a while back that the SPR caverns are similar to swimming pools, in that they need to have "x" amount left in them for pressure otherwise the structures are permanently damaged. Not that Biden would get the blame for this, as I'm pretty sure Trump is responsible.

What would be classic is if we discovered that somehow the Biden family was profiting off the SPR sales- that would be fantastic.
dan_s

Post by dan_s »

I don't know about the SPR storage facilities, but I do know that many underground natural storage caverns do need a "Base Level" of volumes in storage or there can be damage to the structure.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
ChuckGeb

Post by ChuckGeb »

I don't think the Dems are worried as long as they have Mark Elias retained and Dominion voting machines in about 8 key jurisdictions. Joe can stay on the beach and take all the naps he desires.
mrbill

Post by mrbill »

DITTO.
ChuckGeb

Post by ChuckGeb »

I think MBS is saying “Let’s go Brandon”. Bad news for us. Our feckless corrupt purported leader is respected by NO ONE on the world stage. We are being taken advantage of by the open door appeasement green climate change agenda that leaves little hope for Americans. The new Russia-China-Middle East coalition is adopting a policy of let's stick it to America while they can with Biden occupying the White House.

Our SPR is seriously drained and now we are running low on ammo because we have sent it all to the killing fields in Ukraine. Sleepy Joe's speech in Viet Nam was supportive of propping China up and keeping the CCP in charge. Hard to believe there are 38% here that think he’s doing a good job. Polls have to be rigged.

How about policies of taking out the CCP and the Iranian Mullahs and returning their countries to their currently oppressed people. There was a day when that is what our country stood for.

And how about a policy of building some new refineries here on American soil that can refine the sweet crude coming out of the Permian and other shale basins.

Not asking that much, just radical change to get us back on track.