We need more brave Democrats like Manchin

dan_s

We need more brave Democrats like Manchin

Post by dan_s »

Manchin dubs Alaska move embarrassing. from Rigzone.
Canceling valid leases, removing acreage from future sales, and attempting to reduce production in Alaska while taking steps to allow Iran and Venezuela to produce more oil, with fewer environmental regulations, makes no sense and is frankly embarrassing. That’s what Joe Manchin, a Democrat Senator for West Virginia and the Chairman of the U.S. Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee, said in a statement posted on his website after the U.S. Department of the Interior (DOI) revealed that it canceled oil and gas leases in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR) and proposed new protections in National Petroleum Reserve in Alaska (NPRA).

I have voted for Democrats in the past, but this is a much different party. Surely there are more Democrats that realize how stupid Biden's War on Fossil Fuels is.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
aja57

Re: We need more brave Democrats like Manchin

Post by aja57 »

"I have voted for Democrats in the past, but this is a much different party."

That's because the Democrat Party at the governing level is composed of leftists not liberals. Dennis Praeger says it best...

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/if-liberals-voted-their-values-america-would-be-saved
dan_s

Post by dan_s »

My two sisters and my youngest son are true "Liberals". They refuses to take a hard look at what the Democrats stand for these days. They and most of their friends hate Trump and will never vote for him. They would vote for Putin if he ran as a Democrat. Very said.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
ChuckGeb

Post by ChuckGeb »

What the Dems need is to put RFK Jr on the ballet and allow there to be a true dialogue and debate of American values from a Democrat viewpoint rather than snuffing him out and putting forth the narrative of the global elite as the only right way. Get out of line and they will send DOJ to pick you up and wreck your life. I saw a post today that can’t be posted as it is a picture of RFK sitting in front of a sign saying “Live Free or Die: Death is not worst of evils”, quote of Gen John Stark. Given the opportunity though far from being one of them, I believe many Dems would welcome some leadership that is not woke, climate change loving fanatics that inhabit the other side of the aisle in DC. Unfortunately there are not many GOP leaders that pass the litmus test on their side either. Piffle.