Is a 2 year delay material

Fraser921

Is a 2 year delay material

Post by Fraser921 »

https://boereport.com/2023/12/14/trans-mountain-pipeline-warns-of-2-year-delay-over-regulatory-setback/

I mentioned this a week ago.
The Canadian heavy oil players need this pipeline , badly
At that time I thought it only added 3 months

But a 2 year delay !!!!

This is one reason the wcs discount has blown out

Currently, producers are only getting 50 for heavy oil
dan_s

Re: Is a 2 year delay material

Post by dan_s »

Response to your post from Don Simmons, CEO of Hemisphere Energy

That is not correct.
Transmountain(TMX) has submitted an appeal to a decision that the CER denied last week. It has to do with tunneling a 2km section of the line and the diameter of the tunnel. TMX stated in the appeal that if the request is denied (and they have to drill a bigger diameter) and they encounter structural problems it could delay up to 2 years. They have requested a decision by CER by January 9th.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
Fraser921

Post by Fraser921 »

What is not correct? TMX said it, not I. Is tmx is not correct? Then why did they say it?

"TMX stated in the appeal that if the request is denied (and they have to drill a bigger diameter) and they encounter structural problems it could delay up to 2 years"

They were already denied.
dan_s

Post by dan_s »

Don's point is that the issue has not been settled.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
Fraser921

Post by Fraser921 »

I agree not settled which means an unknown slip

This from HFIR tonight

But for those few who expected the delays to end, TMX faced another setback this week. Its contractor, Canadian government-owned Trans Mountain, threatened the Canadian Energy Regulator (CER) to delay completion by as much as two years and increase costs by billions of dollars if the CER doesn’t reverse its previous decision to reject a requested change in the pipeline’s construction plan. Anything is possible given the scale of incompetence at play in this project, so there’s always a chance TMX’s completion gets pushed back beyond early 2024

See end of article

https://hfir.substack.com/p/idea-athabasca-revisited