Supreme Court finally gets involved

dan_s

Supreme Court finally gets involved

Post by dan_s »

The Biggest Take Away From the Supreme Court Yesterday

ERICK-WOODS ERICKSON
FEB 9, 2024
Y’all, I was going to push this out this morning. But in light of the Biden news, you’re getting it in delay.

Yesterday, the United States Supreme Court delivered a brutal beatdown to the State of Colorado and the law professors of America. Pour one out for Judge Luttig.

With epistemic certainly, law professors and talking heads on television have insisted the Colorado case to remove Donald Trump from the ballot was clear and indisputable. The Supreme Court thought otherwise. From Justice Katanji Brown Jackson to Justice Thomas, the Supreme Court treated Colorado’s position with skepticism and hostility. Justice Jackson wanted to know why the Court should construe an arguably ambiguous section of the Fourteenth Amendment “against democracy.”

When I pointed out, after the Colorado verdict, that Section 3 of the Fourteenth Amendment arguably did not apply to presidents, pundits and law professors scoffed at me. Yesterday, in the Court, it was a big issue — the issue that led Justice Jackson to wonder why we should not side with democracy. When I pointed out that the President might not even be an officer as meant by that section, law professors and pundits laughed at me. But the Supreme Court itself made a big deal about the decision.

When I argued that if Colorado could do this to Trump, Texas could do it to Biden, the left insisted this was not so. Justice Alito asked, today if a state could apply the 14th Amendment to an elected official who had given money to Iran.

The legal pundits of America are showing themselves to be completely detached from the actual law and constitution of the United States. The Supreme Court, across its ideological spectrum today, proved itself far saner than most law professors and progressive pundits.

MSNBC, maybe stop platforming Judge Luttig. We are now seeing why President George W. Bush found Luttig too full of himself to be qualified to be on the United States Supreme Court.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group