Biden's LNG Export Facility "pause" - Note from Art Berman

dan_s

Biden's LNG Export Facility "pause" - Note from Art Berman

Post by dan_s »

Note from Art Berman 2-11-2024

"There’s a good chance that the Biden Administration’s announcement to pause LNG export approvals was politically motivated as it tries to make a climate statement ahead of the 2024 U.S. elections. There is an equal probability that opposing viewpoints are similarly designed to produce negative press for Biden and his party.

In the final analysis, the pause announcement and subsequent debate are irrelevant.

The “pause” applies only to “pending decisions on exports of Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) to non-FTA countries.” Already-approved projects will add 28 bcf/d of capacity even if all pending decisions are canceled. That almost doubles existing U.S. export capacity."

From Art's Blog: https://www.artberman.com/blog/the-lng-export-pause-is-irrelevant/
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
ChuckGeb

Re: Biden's LNG Export Facility "pause" - Note from Art Berman

Post by ChuckGeb »

Query, though a significant amount of new LNG export projects have been approved and are under construction, I am assuming the Obiden administrative state is still in a position to slow walk the progress towards actual export as I am guessing they have signoff on whether project phases live up to their everchanging standards/hazards. I am also assuming the reopening of the portion of Freeport LNG that is down is subject to their scrutiny. Is my thinking correct?

I am hopeful these questions all go away after the deep state purge in 2025 assuming the November election results are counted properly.
dan_s

Re: Biden's LNG Export Facility "pause" - Note from Art Berman

Post by dan_s »

All I can tell you is that the guys over at AEGIS told me that the "Biden Pause" won't impact the export facilities due to come online in 2024 and 2025.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group