Biden team denies giving Iran money

Fraser921

Biden team denies giving Iran money

Post by Fraser921 »

That’s news to me

Doocy: “Now that we know that the Iranians do not listen to President Biden’s public warnings, Is there any regret here about unfreezing billions of dollars for Iranian leaders during the President’s administration?”

WH’s John Kirby: “What unfreezing are you talking about?”

Doocy: “He unfroze billions of dollars —”

Kirby: “For — for Iranian leaders?”

Doocy: “Yeah.”

Kirby: “Really? No, I don’t think so.”

Doocy: “So, you guys say —”

Kirby: “So, first of all —”

Doocy: “— it’s for humanitarian purposes, but doesn’t that un —”

Kirby: “— but you don’t believe me?”

Doocy: “— well, doesn’t that free up money for them to spend on other stuff? But where do you get the money for an unprecedented number of munitions to — to fire at Israel?”

Kirby: “So, first of all, I’m betting, if they’re sitting in Tehran, they’re taking it seriously when President Biden says he’s going to defend Israel, we put skin in the game — a whole heckuva lot of it, and knocked almost everything out of the sky. So, I’m betting they’re taking it pretty seriously. And, as for this — this unfreezing, that none of that fun [sic] — none of those funds — funds set up in an account, by the way, by the previous administration, goes directly to the Supreme Leader, the IRGC. Can only be used for humanitarian purposes, and we’re watching that account very, very closely to make sure that that’s what happens.”