RRC

dan_s

RRC

Post by dan_s »

An updated profile for Range Resources (RRC) has been posted under the Watch List Tab. RRC is one of our favorite "Gassers" and we like its new Horizontal Mississippian project in Oklahoma & Kansas.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Range Resources Corp. (RRC) is a large-cap that I have been following since 2003. In fact, it holds the record for the largest gain of any Sweet 16 stock. From 2003 to 2005 the share price increased by more than 1,000%.

When I feel a bit more confident in my view that natural gas prices should move over $3/mmbtu next year, RRC is likely to move back up into out Sweet 16 Growth Portfolio. The company is now heavily weighted to natural gas and natural gas liquids which currently is a negative. However, it has the largest block of acreage in the Marcellus Shale, holding a huge amount of potential reserves. I also really like their new Horizontal Mississippian play in northern Oklahoma and southern Kansas.

Range currently holds 60 TCFE of unrisked resource potential which includes up to 2.0 billion bbls of liquids.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group