Food Stamps: Where can I get mine?

dan_s

Food Stamps: Where can I get mine?

Post by dan_s »

46.5 million people are now on food stamps.

The number of people on food stamps is growing three times as fast as the number of people finding jobs. But it doesn't stop there...

The U.S. population has grown 6% since 2005 — from 296 million to 314 million.

But the number of people on disability has grown nearly six times as fast: from 6.5 million to 8.75 million — or 34% — in the same time.

The government has the populace addicted to the entitlement teat. And neither wants to wean. As long as the handouts keep coming, “they” will stay in power.

“Who's going to vote against free lunch?” the thinking goes.

Meanwhile, the other side is thinking: “I'm gaming the system, getting my groceries for free.” Ahhh, but they aren't “free,” are they?
---------------------------------------------------
So, what is the end game? When the debt for all the entitlements gets so big we cannot afford even the interest on the debt (which by the way is very near) then all the government can do is devalue the currency. We may all live to see $1,000/bbl oil and $40/gallon gasoline. That sounds wild but I can remember $7/bbl oil and I paid $0.19/gallon for gasoline when I was sixteen. - dan
PS: Stay heavily weighted to oil and you will be fine.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
prince_jake_33

Re: Food Stamps: Where can I get mine?

Post by prince_jake_33 »

Do we need 20% of our population out of work and many working part time so employers dont have to pay benefits. Maybe those working could work, for example, 36 hours per week. Our productivity increases yet we dont decrease hours worked.
dan_s

Re: Food Stamps: Where can I get mine?

Post by dan_s »

How many of those on food stamps and other welfare programs really don't want to work anymore? Hard work is good for the soul. It gives you a purpose in life, yet many have lost the drive.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group