The Texans

dan_s

The Texans

Post by dan_s »

The Texans took the No. 5 spot — the same as last year — on Forbes’ “NFL Team Values 2013” list. The Dallas Cowboys topped the list for the seventh consecutive year.

Overall, the 32 National Football League teams’ average value is $1.17 billion, up 5 percent from last year. The Texans and the Cowboys were among five teams that saw double-digit increases in value.

The Houston team’s value is $1.45 billion, up from $1.3 billion last year. The Texans earned revenue of $320 million and operating income of $81.5 million in 2012.

Much of the Texans’ increase in value is due to a stadium that generates “a lot of cash and converting success on the gridiron into more local media and sponsorship revenue,” Forbes writes.
---------------------
In 1982 I worked in Tulsa for a guy who could have acquired majority ownership of the New Orleans Saints for $12 million. The Saints were terrible back then, but I recommended we buy them. Of course he didn't.
In late 1983 I went to work for Amerada Hess (now Hess Corp.). Leon Hess owned the NY Jets.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group