BP Containment Dome Materials of Construction

bearcatbob

BP Containment Dome Materials of Construction

Post by bearcatbob »

I have seen references to the containment dome being built on a "wooden" frame. I find that hard to believe. Perhaps a wooden frame was used to guide the construction with the steel - but I do not see such a thing as being part of the final product.

Does anyone have any insight as to this?

Bob
dan_s

Re: BP Containment Dome Materials of Construction

Post by dan_s »

ON THE GULF OF MEXICO – Icelike crystals encrusting a 100-ton steel-and-concrete box meant to contain oil gushing from a broken well deep in the Gulf of Mexico forced crews Saturday to back off the long-shot plan, while more than 100 miles away, blobs of tar washed up at an Alabama beach full of swimmers.

The failure in the first attempt to use the specially constructed containment box over the leak 50 miles off the Louisiana coast, coupled with the ominous arrival of the sticky substance at Dauphin Island, Ala., crushed hopes of a short-term solution to what could yet grow into the worst oil spill in the nation's history.

More than 3 million gallons of crude have spewed into the Gulf since a rig exploded April 20, killing 11, and officials said it would be at least Monday before a different solution is found.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
celtic

Post by celtic »

I think that this is where I can post OT or political stuff.
11 people were killed and the economic base of a region is being adversely effected.

It took how many days for the current administration to recognize this situation???? And in his speach I did not hear B.O. recognize the 11 dead and at least have thought go the families.
Yet I continue to see pictures of a duck covered in oil. The wild life is important, but so are people!

IMHO this situation will be an "opportunity" for the media as this administration to focus on the evilness of big oil companies.
wilboro

Post by wilboro »

The wooden frame was likely a concrete form.