Torchlight Energy (TRCH)

dan_s

Torchlight Energy (TRCH)

Post by dan_s »

This is a well written analysis of Torchlight

http://seekingalpha.com/article/2284333 ... -this-year

Since they hosted luncheons for us in Dallas and Houston, I am tracking their progress and I plan to work up a profile/forecast model after I see Q2 results. I do believe that if the company can reach their target production of 2,000 boepd by year-end, the stock should be higher.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
mkarpoff

Re: Torchlight Energy (TRCH)

Post by mkarpoff »

I am skeptical. I recently saw them at a conference in NY. Theirs was a good presentation, probably the same one you saw, and I opened a position in the stock. Afterwards, I contacted them, informed them that I saw the presentation, became a shareholder, and I asked about participation in their private placement. I wished to take a partial share. I spoke to an officer who said he would get back to me, but he did not. Later, we communicated again. Once again I asked the same question. Once again I did not get an answer, and i closed my position in the stock. I did not do so out of pique.
As someone who has invested in many micro companies and, in fact, started and took one public, I feel an antipathy towards any company that does not nurture its investors/potential investors. When I come across one that is lacking in that respect I avoid it. With so many junior E&P companies out there whose opportunities may be equal to or better than Torchlight's, and with a finite amount of money to allocate to the sector, I will invest in those that respectfully respond to their shareholders. I recognize that my stance may be of lesser import when evaluating a company relative to its more quantifiable merits, but to me it is an important benchmark, so to Torchlight I say adios.
dan_s

Post by dan_s »

I totally understand. Nothing bugs me more than when I want to pay a company and they make it difficult.
Dan Steffens
Energy Prospectus Group
wilmawatts

Post by wilmawatts »

I had the opposite problem with TRCH. I attended the presentations and took a position and have been bombarded with information and details of a financing only open to accredited investors. And calls to make sure I don't need anything else or more info, with an invite to company headquarters to meet the Board and everyone involved. Maybe they think I push a wheelbarrow full of money around for a living.

If anything, TRCH is one aggressive outfit.

If you want a better feel for their asset potential go to the Gastar analyst day presentation on the Gastar website and fast forward to the Oklahoma discussion - they have geologists and engineers explain why it is such an interesting play. GST plays in the same area as TRCH, and REI is also a player here. All good bets in my book, at least until we get more drilling results